Thursday, June 21, 2012

Week 4: Blog Post #3 - Comment on Cherylee Gruber's Blog Post

URL Link for my comment on Cherylee Gruber's Blog Post -
http://reflectionsofthegruber.blogspot.com/2012/06/mac-week-4-leadership-project.html?showComment=1340335876904#c3084532648263281883





================================================


Cherylee Gruber
When I saw this assignment, my first thought was Steve Jobs, but I went with people who were closer to me.

After reading your blog posting it got me thinking more about other types of leaders. I definitely feel that Steve Jobs was a leader of a great computer empire, but I know his leadership skills were definitely unconventional. He was known as a "high-maintenance co-worker" who demanded excellence from his staff and was known for his blunt delivery of criticism. However he did it, his success is still around to tell his tale.

Bill Gates is also a great name that is associated with leadership, as well as humanity. However, Gates stepped away from his technology empire and later devoted his efforts to solving the world’s biggest problems. As you mentioned, Gates and his wife are committed to eliminating diseases, increasing development standards, and generally fighting inequality.

Both Jobs and Gates had immeasurable impacts on the world. The world wouldn't be the same without them.

================================================

No comments:

Post a Comment