Monday, June 11, 2012

Week 3: Blog Post #3 - Comment on Daniel Brown's Blog Post

URL Link for my comment on Daniel Brown's Blog Post -
http://poweracademic.blogspot.com/2012/06/week-3-blog-post-week-3-reading-art-of.html?showComment=1339453419800#c7624683548130233736


 

================================================

Daniel Brown - 
Thank you so much for your take on the chapters. I was also thinking to myself that some of the reading was no that necessary. I felt like, as it applies to my life, I already do some of those things and feel that way. But, as I read on... it occurred to me that not everyone has had life experiences like us. Not everyone can draw conclusions and take in and view experiences in the same way that we have. So, with that being said, I tried to read the book with a different point of view in mind.

Fail! I found it very hard for me to keep myself out of it because I kept reading things and making my own connections/assumptions, rather than read the words for their face value and create a generic message. With that being said, I did feel that reading some of these chapters was tedious at times, but I also tried to self-reflecting, even though I felt that it didn't 100% apply to my life.

I wonder how the other side of the spectrum reads these chapters. What messages do they get? How does it apply to their lives?

================================================

No comments:

Post a Comment