Monday, June 11, 2012

Week 3: Blog Post #4 - Comment on Cherylee Gruber's Blog Post

URL Link for my comment on Cherylee Gruber's Blog Post -
http://reflectionsofthegruber.blogspot.com/2012/06/mac-week-3-leadership-project-hub.html?showComment=1339454881698#c9127567937299895687

================================================

Cherylee Gruber -
I love that your Action Research focus was on engagement though digital storytelling. Our research was very similar and it makes me very happy to see that the effort to engage and motivate through the use of digital media does not stop after elementary school. I know that we are special cases with specific research in mind, but at least we are doing something to help out our situations. Nothing is worse than trying to teach an unhappy and unmotivated child who isn't interested, engaged, or motivated to do anything academic.

I'm happy that your research guided you in the right direction. It's always a bummer when you have great ideas, but the research shows/proves otherwise. Great work from a great educator! How did you hear about the National Council of Teachers of English through their journal, Language Arts? I know that when I was trying to choose between the different journals, I wanted to make sure that my message would be viewed/accepted by an audience with similar student populations or similar teaching styles/mindsets. I also wanted to deliver my message to an audience that could have the most impact of the similar types of students that I am working with. I want to make a difference. I want my story to be heard.

================================================

No comments:

Post a Comment