Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Week 2: Blog Post #2 - Leadership post: Where Do I Want To Share My Project?

Week 2: Blog Post #2 - Leadership post: Where Do I Want To Share My Project?

After looking through some of the Journals that I could potentially be publishing my work in, I found three that are directly related to my subject content and age group.

1) Language Learning & Technology

 

I chose Language Learning & Technology because the journal specifically seeks out deliver information to foreign and second language educators in the US and around the world on issues related to technology and second language education.  Since I teach students who are English learners (learners of a second language) and have tried to incorporate technology into the classroom to foster learning, I think that this journal would be perfect for my article.  Not only can I tell my story, but I can tell it to an audience that has the same interest.

2) The Reading Teacher


I chose The Reading Teacher because it is specifically geared for people who teach children up to 12 years of age.  It is noted that inside every issue you can find:
  • Practical, evidence-based teaching ideas to meet the needs of all learners
  • Articles to help you transform research into effective practice
  • Information on the most critical issues in teaching, written by educators for educators
  • Content that's ideal for professional development in any setting—on your own, in a school-based learning community, or in teacher education
It would only make sense that I would publish an article that is meant for primary grade teachers because I teach 1st grade.  I also love the fact that this journal is written by educators for educators.  That makes it a HUGE plus for me because I know that my audience will be accepting and interested in my article.

3) National Council of Teachers of English - Elementary - Language Arts

 

I chose National Council of Teachers of English - Elementary - Language Arts because it is a journal that is for elementary through middle school teachers, as well as teacher educators.  This journal would be great to be published in because it provides a forum for discussions on all aspects of language arts learning and teaching.  It also deals with material relating to theory and classroom practice, current research, and has reviews of children's and young adolescent literature.  Since my specific technology tool dealt with developing literacy, I think that educators interested in this journal would love to hear about my work as well.

========================================================

SOURCES: 
Images taken from:

Language Learning & Technology
Available at: http://llt.msu.edu/intro.html

The Reading Teacher
Available at: http://www.reading.org/General/Publications/Journals/RT.aspx

National Council of Teachers of English - Elementary - Language Arts
Available at: http://www.ncte.org/journals/la

========================================================

1 comment:

  1. Jessica, I think it’s great that you’ve found three potential journals to submit your work to. One advantage to publishing is the diversity of journals and the specificity of focus that some of them offer. This is allowing you to not only share what you’ve learned about teaching, but to share it with teachers and researchers who are in a very similar setting as you. This increases the likelihood that they can either apply what you’ve learned or replicate your research to validate its results. This process of experimental replication is essential to the further development of your ideas and can lead to an unlimited potential benefit from your hard work. Best of luck to you!

    ReplyDelete