Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Week 4: Blog Post #2 - Leadership post: Wk4 Leadership Role Model Reflection

There are many people who have come and gone throughout my life that I would consider to have been inspirations, as well as role-model leaders.  However, there have been two that have stuck around my whole life--my parents.  Both of my parents have influenced my life greatly, but in two different and distinct ways. 

My mother has always showed me how to be a great leader with larger group of people.  My whole life she has been a project manager.  I have watched her interact with people on a larger scale.  I have seen my mother on conference calls and on-site at an office.  She has a very easy-going personality, but demands greatness from her teams.

My father, on the other hand, has lead groups of people as a civil engineer on smaller types of projects.  I have seen my father interact with people in the field, as well as had the opportunity to work under my father in the drafting/maps division for the city of Novato when I was in high school.  I love the way keeps his cool when problems arise.

As I grow and begin to develop my own sense of leadership, I would love to encompass my mother's ability to work with (and manage) larger groups of people, but also have my father's knack of separating emotions and decisions when working with smaller groups.  Both are eager listeners and absorb knowledge and possess the ability to analyze all situations carefully.

2 comments:

  1. I think it is wonderful that you mentioned your parents as your role models. My parents also came to mind many times while I was thinking of someone to write about. I like how you separated the unique gifts that each parent possess and how you are learning to combine those skills and abilities into your own life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful choice and observations of what leadership means to you.

    ReplyDelete